Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and you want it to reflect your personality and your unique style. If you are someone who loves bright colours, and playful details, then a fun and colourful wedding might be right up your alley!
With all those little details running through your mind, preparing for your special day can quickly become overwhelming. That’s why I suggest preparing well in advance so that you can have fun and enjoy your day with peace of mind.
In this blog, I’ll give you some pointers on how to prepare for your fun and colourful wedding day, from the early planning stages to the day itself!
Wedding Preparation Checklist
- Months Before the Wedding
- Weeks Before the Wedding
- Days Before the Wedding
- The Wedding Day
Months Before the Wedding
This is what I recommend to do as soon as you start planning your colourful wedding!
- Make sure you and your partner are both on the same page when it comes to your wedding. Discuss what kind of wedding you’d like, what is something you MUST have and what is something you absolutely wouldn’t want.
You may need to make a compromise or two while planning!
- Create a budget. That will help you prioritise your expenses!
- Make a guest list. Deciding on a rough guest count is important because that may affect the venues you choose.
- Then choose your wedding date! I also recommend confirming your dates with your most significant guests, to prevent any conflicts, such as any booked holidays!
- Once you’ve set the date, start researching your dream venues! If you need some inspiration for the best wedding venues in Surrey and Sussex, here is a list I’ve put together!
- Then reach out to suppliers. Choose the suppliers that will make your day special by adding the colour you desire for your colourful wedding! Here you can find some fun and colourful wedding ideas you can bring up with your suppliers!
The sooner you start preparing for your fun and colourful wedding, the more likely you will be able to book your first choice venue and suppliers.
Weeks Before the Wedding
There are a few things you should do a few weeks before the wedding so that you’d have fewer details to worry about as your wedding day approaches.
- Schedule your hair and make-up trials to ensure that you are happy with your look on your special day.
- Purchase your wedding rings!
- Write your vows, if you’ve decided to write your own.
- Confirm any last details and the timeline with your suppliers.
Days Before the Wedding
In the days leading up to your wedding, I recommend doing a bunch of self-care and putting together any final touches. If you are going on a honeymoon soon after the wedding, you may consider packing for it already!
Get a manicure and pedicure to make sure your hands and feet look the best! And if you’d like to do a facial or any hair removal treatments, I recommend doing them a few days before the wedding too to avoid any unwanted redness on your special day.
The Wedding Day
On the wedding day, I definitely suggest getting up early and having a healthy breakfast. You want to have the energy to get through the day!
During your special day, refer to your timeline, but also be prepared that sometimes things don’t go exactly as planned. If you have professional suppliers, you might not even notice it!
My biggest tip for your fun and colourful wedding day is to be in the moment and enjoy it as much as possible!
Are You Ready to Plan Your Fun and Colourful Wedding?
Preparing for your wedding day may seem like a daunting task but with proper planning, you can make sure that everything runs smoothly.
From the early planning stages to the day itself, I hope that this blog has given some ideas on how to prepare for your fun and colourful wedding day.
Your wedding day is a special, one-of-a-kind day that you will always remember. And if you are looking for someone to capture the fun and colourful vibes of your wedding, reach out to me here!