Harriet Bird Photography is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Harriet Bird Photography may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from Harriet Bird Photography.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- home addresses
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- names of family members and friends
- wedding itinerary, suppliers and venues
- photos of you
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address that you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may use the information with external suppliers, such as your name or married name, in order to provide manufactured goods such as wedding albums.
When you contact Harriet Bird Photography via the “Contact” page, the information provided by you is automatically stored by us. We will use this information in order to respond to your query and for internal record keeping purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing your Data
As a service provider, we need your personal data in order to:
- effectively provide our service to you by arranging schedules for photography sessions
- communicate with you regarding our service
- send and receive contracts for you to enable our service
- receive payment or process any refunds
- send you physical goods in the form of prints, albums and memory sticks
We consider our basis for processing your data legal because it is necessary for the fulfilment of our service and because we rely upon your consent for us to use your data accordingly.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- By not actively agreeing to us contacting you on our “Contact” page. We will not contact you unless you have provided your explicit consent to us doing so.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and this request will be complied with as quickly as possible.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Harriet Bird Photography, 49 Hailey Place, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU9 6PX
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Right to be Forgotten
You may request for any data stored about you to be deleted, providing that the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. Should you wish for any data that Harriet Bird Photography holds on you, please contact email@example.com and the request will be dealt with promptly.
Use of data in the Blog and Social Media
We will always ask for explicit consent for the use of any photos and other data about you or your wedding in our Blog, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube or any other social media. This request is always made prior to completing any booking and your data will not be shared in this way without your consent. Once given, you may retract your permission at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Harriet Bird Photography at 49 Hailey Place, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU9 6PX